Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#20)


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"

For more information, click here

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

On November 15, 1959, in the small town of Holcomb, Kansas, four members of the Clutter family were savagely murdered by blasts from a shotgun held a few inches from their faces. There was no apparent motive for the crime, and there were almost no clues.

As Truman Capote reconstructs the murder and the investigation that led to the capture, trial, and execution of the killers, he generates both mesmerizing suspense and astonishing empathy. In Cold Blood is a work that transcends its moment, yielding poignant insights into the nature of American violence.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and √Čtienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh you Got Isla! How exciting!
    In Cold Blood looks very interesting
    Great haul and I can't wait to see your thoughts
    on Isla
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to read Isla - hopefully I find the time next week to do so :)

      I just finished reading In Cold Blood. MIND BLOWN. Seriously, one of the best books I've ever read.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything by Capote which is surprising when I used to read a lot of true crime novels. Now I'm very curious about the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it - after reading about 40 pages of it I knew that I was holding in my hands one of my new favorite books. It definitely got me interested about the true crime genre and I already got a couple other titles that I want to get into soon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Isla! I...haven't even read Anna and the French Kiss yet (I know, I know- I own it though, so that counts for something, right?) yeah, nope. :( Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via GFC. Nice haul you got this week, hope you enjoy your books :)
    Here's my STS
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete