For more information, click here.
This week's topic is Ten Book Cover Trends (or just elements of covers) I Dislike
These are all from my shelves on Goodreads - some I have read and some are on my TBR shelf. These are my opinions (highly exaggerated one, just for fun) and I don't mean to hurt or make any mad.
1. WEIRD PAINTINGS/DRAWINS
2. TACKY COVERS WITH HALF NAKED PEOPLE IN SEXUAL POSITIONS
3. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS COVER. LIKE REALLY, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE FACE OF THAT WOMAN? IS IT LIKE A POSTER ON THAT TREE OR WHAT?
4. COVERS OF FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BOOKS AND PRETTY MUCH EVERY SINGLE BOOK SIMILAR TO THE FIFTY SHADES BOOKS OUT THERE - A DARK BACKGROUND WITH SOME SORT OF OBJECT THAT WILL PROBABLY BE LATER SOMEHOW UTILIZED WITHIN THE NARRATIVE IS SOME EXTREMELY CLICHE SEX SCENE.
5. BADLY EDITED COVERS WITH PEOPLE ON THEM - THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD, IT JUST LOOKS TACKY
6. COVERS WITH PEOPLE ON THEM THAT KIND OF IMITATE FILM POSTERS BUT NOT QUITE. THIS COVER ANNOYS ME BECAUSE IT KIND OF TELLS YOU HOW YOU SHOULD THINK THE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE. ALSO COVERS WITH RANDOM MIST.
7. COVERS WITH THIS "WE'RE ALMOST KISSING" POSE (WITHIN LIKE 2 ROWS ON MY TBR IN GOODREADS, I FOUND THESE ALL) (SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT LAST ONE? ARE THEY EXCHANGING ILLUMINATING DROOL OR SOMETHING?)
8. COVERS WITH BABIES ON THEM (FOR ME, THIS IS A COMPLETE TURN-OFF BECAUSE I NORMALLY DON'T LIKE BABY BOOKS AT ALL)
9. THESE STEPHEN KING COVERS - WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?
10. FILM COVERS (OKAY, THIS IS NOT THAT BAD BECAUSE OF LEONARDO DICAPRIO, BUT IN GENERAL, FILM COVERS ARE A NO-NO FOR ME)